Homeowners and retailers in Myerstown are catching on to the decorative concrete trend. It’s everywhere lately: acid stained floors on a patio, ornate stenciling on a hotel pool deck, you can even see concrete creations – such as a cozy fireplace or a bar top – in outdoor restaurants. It seems to be the choice material of savvy consumers and business owners due to its affordability and pliable nature.
Popular Decorative Concrete Trends
- Thin layers that allow for more texture are very popular with patios and pool decks. In terms of anti-slip qualities on a surface that is susceptible to water, the more texture the better.
- Concrete that resembles brick or natural stone is catching on like wildfire. With techniques like concrete stamping, you can get the look of brick or stone but without the expensive labor it would take to install a patio brick-by-brick or stone-by-stone.
- Outdoor showers made with a concrete base are another trend in the hotel and high-end home market. It used to be that outdoor showers were made mostly of wood, but concrete makes the base much more sustainable and, obviously, more waterproof.
- Concrete countertops are anything but a new trend, however, the design possibilities are getting more and more over the top. With advances in concrete mix technology, colors are getting more vibrant and shape designs are getting more intricate.
- Mixing other building materials with concrete is quite popular. For example, you might see custom copper sink surrounded by a custom concrete vanity. Or you might see an outdoor kitchen built mostly of stone, but the countertops are concrete as opposed to granite.
If you living in the Myerstown, Pennsylvania area and are interested in decorative concrete trends, contact Rosebud Concrete for all your decorative concrete needs.